Tuesday 24 January 2012

Content layout research

I was looking at the contents page of 'KERRANG' and noticed a couple of features I liked about the layout. The 1st thing is that the title on the page 'Contents' is in the top right corner of the page. This leaves more space for the text underneath rather than it being in the middle. 
Another thing is noticed is that the contents page is split into three columns. The biggest column on the left because it contains a big image and two narrower colmns on the right of the page. This gives more organisation to the page and could make it easier to plan.





Alternatively, I also looked at a content page from both 'XXL Magazine' and 'Vibe Magazine'. Although these two content pages have a very strong image which is suitable to attract my target audience, there is hardly any text on the content page which leaves a large amount of space. Just like the 'KERRANG' content page, the 'Vibe Magazine' content page also says 'content' on the top right hand side of the page so I will carry this across onto my product.

No comments:

Post a Comment