Wednesday 18 April 2012

DPS article first draft

MTMMG (More Than Music Media Group) emerge from the south east of London and made it to become one of the most popular producers and photographers. We managed to organise an informal interview with the CEO of MTMMG to see what he had to say about his breakthrough. 
“Can you let us know what you’re all about, like how it all started?”
“ Err basically we started off as just a group of friends way before we ended up at the same college. We knew from back in the day that we all had different talents like for example I play the drums and do a little rap here and there” at this point he looked up while grinning at me in a boastful manner. “Joe has always been a good…I mean GREAT photographer and same applies for Tee’s editing. Well one day a teacher at my college suggested we make a media group. I thought this was a decent idea so I went on to tell the others. We spent a couple of days spreading the news on blackberry messenger, Facebook and at the town centre after college. Like a week later we decided we were gonna do a promo photo shoot.”
“So how did MTM make it? ”
“Well after the successful promo photo shoot, we made a Facebook page for MTMMG and asked people to support us on twitter which helped us get noticed. Before long we started to get tweets from big UK rappers like Giggs and Skepta which really made us jumpy. It’s still not easy to get to grip with the fact that they tweeted us, not the other way round. But yeah that’s how we were heard. I guess this is a nice fun way to make money. The fames alright as well cause people notice us now but the moneys the motive at the moment.”
“So Raymond, where do you see MTM in a few years?”
His face lights up again like a child getting a new toy as he looks up at me. “Hmm it’s hard to predict where MTM will be in a few years but let’s say it continues going well with all the support we have from everyone, we would be known worldwide and meet artists such as Jay Z.” He puts his feet up illustrating his comfort. “Considering we started MTM last august and we’ve made it this far in just 5 months,” he continued, “in a few years MTM might possibly have its own record label and if you check the MTMMG Facebook page you would have noticed that we are looking for talented youth who would be interested in joining the group. Joe, Tee and I have had discussions about expanding the group slightly so we can get to more places and accomplish a lot more. “
“ABOUT YOU’RE MUSIC. You’re also quite a distinctive rapper. How does it feel to be one of the only rappers doing the hood stuff?”
“ Yeah its good ya’know. Everyday were writing a new page in history you get me? The hood stuff is a whole new scene we’re building so it’s a good look. People always ask if I would ever change my style of music, like consider pop or something but that’s not what I’m going after. Obviously I can make my music popular without changing my style to pop or something. It’s like Jay Z, he also makes gangster tunes n they still end up on the charts so why can’t I?”
“So you’re album is coming out soon, who has been producing you’re music?”
“At the moment MTMMG produce our own music to help promote ourselves but we’ve got other major UK producers like ‘Boom Productions’ etc. so we keep them on hold for future references. You’ll never know if we need them later.”
“Have you got any collaboration with other artists in your album?”
“Nah this is my first album init so if it’s a real banger I want to know I did it by myself. Also I want people to recognise MY talent and MY style but obviously albums and mixtapes after this one will feature other artists. Get me heard by different groups of people. I’d love to work with other UK rappers like Krept and Konan because they are just lyrical geniuses so I would have to step up my game.”


It was great talking to the CEO of MTMMG; they are new but on their way to the top so watch out for them. You can also catch them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MTMMG or follow them on Twitter: @MTMMG.

No comments:

Post a Comment