Thursday 19 April 2012

Evaluation Question 6

What have you learnt about the technologies from the process of constructing this product?


Here is a wall I created using 'Wallwisher' which I have used to help me present all the technologies I used during the processes of planning and constructing my final product. 








PHOTOSHOP CS4 - Out of all the technologies which I have used to create my magazine front page, content page, and double page spread, this was the most important software helping me to make my coursework the highest quality possible. With Photoshop I was able to use existing photographs which I took with my camera and manipulate them in various ways. For example the brightness and contrast, levels and even cutting out parts of a photograph which was not needed. At the beginning of the year I had never used Photoshop before so I used other technologies which I was more familiar with to help me get the grip of Photoshop. YouTube was a big help as I was able to watch videos of experts and follow their step by step guides to using the tools on Photoshop. Photoshop CS4 was the main software used in the making of my front page and content page.

INDESIGN CS4 - At first I thought it would have been easier to use Photoshop for my double page spread as well because InDesign seemed much more complex and harder to use. It later got more comfortable and it was more suitable for the double page spread because it was easier to split the A3 page into columns. The great thing about InDesign is that it was linked to Photoshop so I was able to put a picture on my double page spread, edit it on Photoshop and it would automatically update on InDesign. A difference between InDesign and Photoshop was that on Photoshop, when something new was added to the image or page, it automatically created a new layer, but on InDesign everything was on one layer.


BLOGGER - This was a very useful bit of technology in which I used to post all my work online. Blogger is very good for this job as it is able to keep all posts organised in groups or 'Labels'. This makes it easier for other people on my blog to navigate around it and find what they want to see.


CAMERA - Another important technology I used was my Sony cyber shot camera. It is 7.2 megapixel which is not the greatest but it helped me do a nice job. The reason  it helped a lot is because it is not complicated to use at all and it is small and portable. The only problem I had while taking photographs sometimes was the lighting. I found that for the camera to capture good images, there had to be a lot of light in the area otherwise the picture would come out dark or dull. Some of these lighting problems were fixed using Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment