Friday 10 February 2012

Front Cover Construction. part2

Next I placed the main image on the front of the magazine but it didnt look right because of the direction he was facing, so i decided to flip the picture horizontally. The image had already been edited before I placed it on to the front cover. I also used the drop shadow effect on the image.
After the main image was added I used the 'Rectangular marquee tool' and then the 'paint bucket tool' to make the red strip along the bottom of the front cover. This will be one of the design elements of the magazine. I then used the 'Rectangular marquee tool' and 'paint bucket tool' again to make two small white bullet points. Then I added more headlines that would feature in the magazine onto the red strip. The next thing i did was to save an image of a bar code from google and then open it to resize on photoshop. This bar code makes the magazine seem more real as if it can be purchased.
Th last thing left was to add the headlines. I used different effects on the text for the headlines such as: 'drop shadow', 'inner shadow' and 'bavel and emboss' to make it look even more professional. I downloaded a blackberry bar code text from dafont.com  and used it to make a realistic bar code for the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment